The series of twelve photos were all shot on Calle dei Riformati in the Cannaregio neighborhood of Venice. The street leads across a bridge to the church of St. Bonaventura, which was built in 1620 by a Franciscan order called the Reformati, hence the street name. The series of images starts at one end of the street and moves along it towards the historic church. The contrast of faded and freshly repainted numbers above the doors, and in one case a window, along with the varying textures from old decaying bricks and new shiny metal doors examines the history and modernization that is present in the street. Each image explores both the new and the old aspects of the street, and their combination in Venice as a whole.